Wednesday 21 September 2011

Chapter 1 - Wand.


I had saved this one till last. It was the lightest, slimmest present, wrapped in gilded gold paper and sealed with a sticking charm. I ripped it open with a delicious thwap. There was only one word, printed in extravagant silver writing on a tag that matched the wrapping paper. As I read it a pang of excitement ran through my stomach. It said...
'yours.'
To be honest I couldn't believe my eyes. How had this wand been chosen for me? It felt to grand, soft beach wood had been intricately carved into a spectacular wand and my familiar, a tabby cat called Tobias, was carved into the handle with polished emeralds replacing her bright eyes. The rest of the wand was speckled with very neat, very precise five tipped stars. I loved it.
However, after I had studied it for a while my stomach once again developed the cold, sickly feeling that had consumed me for the past few days. I started to pull my unruly knee-length hair into a plat, away from my sticky, sweaty face, just for something to do. This waiting. Waiting and waiting was the worst.
'SUNNY!' Aunt Isis called, making me drop my plat and causing me to be even more jumpy. 'The train leaves in ten mints, are you ready to go?'
Of course I'm not ready to go sunny thought to her self, since when had any fourteen year old been 'ready' to go on there coming of age quest?
'Yes Aunt Isis' I replied, in a monotone voice so as not to show how nervous I was.
I started down the stairs, shuffling my feat and playing with my newly acquired wand. I wanted to say bye to Lillian before I went.
God. Please God, let me make this out alive. I have to protect Lillian, I have to be here for her.
I walked over, and gave Lillian a brief hug.
'Sunny, stay safe.' She wisperd.
'I will, I will!' I laughed, lying through my teeth.
'Ok then'
She wasn't having any of this 'I'll be fine malarkey' and I knew it, but there wasn't anything I could do. When I got on that train it might be the last time we saw each other, and I knew it

When we got to the greetings carriage of the train we were all asked to sit, and listen to a young witch with long golden locks and a fake smile.
'Hello all of you budding witches and warlocks! My name is Lydia and I am your group leader this year! Now, as you all probably know, your all here to pass a biig quest! but don't fret darlings! I'm sure you'll ALL be just fine!'
At this moment she gave us a big wink, it repulsed me. To the pit of my stomach.
'Before we begin on this exiting adventure however, I need you guys to make some biig choices. If you can all go and have a friendly chat with one of the other members of staff, pardon the pun, dotted around the room they will ask you some simple questions! Good luck!'

No comments:

Post a Comment